1. Where I was born: Toronto!
2. Places I called home: Florence, New York City, Toronto, Charlottetown PEI, and Vancouver for, like, a minute.
3. Nickname: Brie. It’s also been spelled Bri (just don’t spell it Bree, or we will have words). A few guys have called me “Hogan” — that was cool.
4. Astrological sign: Capricorn Sun, Pisces Rising, Taurus Moon. Super ambitious, intuitive, and stubborn as all get out. And I LOVE massages.
5. Spirit animal: Fox. Not to be confused with Fox Mulder, although I think he was pretty foxy.
6. I’m a vegetarian, but am slowly transitioning to vegan.
7. I have a black cat named Dylan. (She’s a girl.)
8. French was my minor at NYU.
9. I have 7 tattoos, and five ear piercings. I like to keep the odd numbers. They’re good luck!
10. If I wasn’t a writer, I’d be working with animals. Actually, that’s pretty much still my dream job. Writing while also running an animal sanctuary. That’s the next big goal!
11. Another dream is to write that screenplay that’s been rattling in my brain since forever.
12. Wine and reality TV are my guilty pleasures. The Bachelor, The Voice, Fixer Upper, anything with Gordon Ramsay, and cooking.
13. My wellness morning routine is preettttyyy extensive. It involves hot lemon water with collagen, a shot of ACV, and a shit ton of vitamins.
14. My favourite way to de-stress is exercise. It’s a must. Running, barre, HIIT, and hot yoga are my go-tos at the moment. I also like boxing, Pilates, and weight training. You gotta mix it up!
15. I really want to be better at meditation. I’m trying. It’s a journey. But I think that’s sorta the point?
16. My favourite food has been the same since I was five years old: PIZZA.
17. My workout playlist includes Backstreet Boys, Shawn Mendes, Justin Bieber, J. Lo, Celine Dion, Carrie Underwood. I’m still a very basic teenage girl when it comes to music — and I don’t care!
18. Chip and Joanna Gaines are my celebrity crushes.
19. I believe that love should be honest, kind, and fun. And if it ain’t messy, it ain’t real love.
20. My biggest peeve: people who don’t put away their shopping carts. OMG! Just walk a few more steps, people.
21. My senior high school yearbook quote was: “Be the success you choose to be.” I still abide by it, but now I would tell her that her idea of success should, and will, change, and that’s okay. Success doesn’t necessarily need to be big and intense, either; it’s also small and internal too, and can still be very impactful.
22. My biggest secret passion in life is dancing. I love dancing. I dream of dancing on stage one day. Guess it’s not a secret anymore!
23. My idea of a perfect day entails good company, laughter, board games, and lots of dogs.
24. Speaking of board games, I’m super competitive whenever I play. I will flip the table over a game of Clue. No, seriously. I’m a monster.
25. My life motto: Do you. I’ve been saying this for years — way before it became a thing, by the way. What does it mean? Stay in your own lane. Don’t pay attention to what other people are doing. Stop comparing, and instead focus on what you truly want. What is your heart saying? What lights you up? And then go and DO THAT. Do you.